Sunday, March 23, 2014

A happy little bluebird from across the ocean

Look what arrived in the mail on Wednesday, all the way from South Africa! It is Trish Burr's newest needle painting kit. She featured it on her blog earlier this month as a replacement to her online lessons. I have some of her gorgeous books, but I have been intimidated by the thought of actually trying to embroider one her designs. Her blog description was irresistible though--and even with shipping, it was still a good price. I decided that it was worth the shipping costs (rather than just downloading the instructions) to get the printed fabric on my first needle painting attempt. That is one less thing to worry about and I get to feel the fabric she uses. Choosing the right fabric for embroidery is not my forte. It came quickly too.

 

The instruction booklet is fantastic. Just look at the detail! It sure does make me feel confident in my ability to follow the instructions. I even downloaded the free needle case pattern she included on her blog, so this will be a real little treat for me when I finish.

 

Unfortunately, I won't be starting this for quite awhile. In fact, even my blogging will be sporadic over the next few months. I am packing up my apartment and moving the cats and most of my things back to Rhode Island and downsizing to a smaller place here in Denver. Now that I have permission to work from home in Rhode Island every other month, my focus is going to be more there then here. This happy little bluebird can eventually fly with me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment