Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter portraits

When I posted my portrait of Winnie I mentioned that I hoped to do some additional portraits soon. The opportunity came this month, and I was able to finish two portraits as an Easter thank you for my sister-in-law and her daughter-in-law.

February was a tough month for our extended family, so I wanted to do something life-affirming with my embroidery. Since we were unexpectedly in Michigan, I was reminded again of how darling my sister-in-law's first great grand daughter is. She is a spunky little Disney princess and once we left, I was really looking forward to embroidering her.

This time, I played a lot with the photos and for the first time wasn't afraid to rip out stitches and re-stitch lines. I still have a long way to go to become a portrait artist, but I think that there is a noticeable improvement over my last attempt.

 

1 comment:

  1. how talented you are to have created these beautiful embroidered photos

    ReplyDelete