Like most stitchers I have unfinished projects that were supposed to be done this year and projects that I have been waiting to start for over a year. So, here is my list of stitching that I want to accomplish in 2013. I probably won't finish it all, but we will see next year how well I've done. Maybe publicizing my list will help me finish it.
- There is a sampler I started last June as a Christmas present. Maybe I am just early for 2013.
- Christmas towels for next year's Christmas gifts.
- A pillowcase for my nephew before he is too old to be willing to use it.
- A Christmas tree that we can photograph and make into next year's Christmas cards.
- A Brazilian embroidery "WELCOME" by DK Designs. My guild did this 2 years ago, but I was stymied by the metallic thread that outlines the letters. I brought it to my husband's house to work on when I am in Massachusetts. I will have to work on it regularly to finish it this year.
- Finally, I have all the threads (I've had them for a year) for a "Partridge in a Pear Tree" that was featured in Inspirations issue #67 a few years ago. It is a stump work piece with a lot of detached buttonhole stitch. I love detached buttonhole, but haven't done much, and I haven't done much stump work either, or any silk work. It is all new territory for me and I am excited to try.
Good luck to all stitchers out there with their own project lists. May you have good stitching in the New Year.